First of all, thanks to everyone who has volunteered, donated, and helped spread the word up to this point! We’re definitely gaining momentum!
As you know, this battle is far from over and we need all hands on deck every single day to make a dent in the corporate machine known as the United States presidential campaign.
So, let’s dive in with three easy ways to help today:
1. Make sure you’re connected to us! Since we don’t have a multi-million dollar budget for paid advertising like our competitors, social media is one of our best options for raising awareness. And, if you saw the impact it had for the Howard Dean campaign, the revolution in Egypt, and even the protests in Madison - you know it’s an imperative force for advocacy. We need all of you with us everywhere you can be!
- Facebook http://www.facebook.com/drjillstein
- Twitter http://twitter.com/jillstein2012
- YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/JillStein2012?feature=watch
- Google+ https://plus.google.com/109196677270230251313/posts
(FYI - There’s not much happening on those latter two platforms yet, but we’re hoping to ramp things up in the coming months!)
2. Help us get media coverage on three target outlets: The Colbert Report, The Daily Show, and The Rachel Maddow Show. These three sources could help us reach millions of sympathetic voters!
On Facebook - Leave a message on their walls, privately message them, comment on their posts - whatever it takes to get their attention (respectfully please!):
On Twitter (copy and paste - or create your own tweet!):
- PLEASE @StephenAtHome - have #Green Party #POTUS candidate @jillstein2012 on the @Colbertreport!
- Hey @TheDailyShow - how about having #Green Party #POTUS candidate @JillStein2012 on the show?
- Hey @maddow - how about having #Green Party #POTUS candidate @JillStein2012 on the show?
3. Donate! The Green Party is the only one that doesn't accept corporate donations. It makes these campaigns all the more challenging, but it also ensures we are only beholden to the people - you. Not Wall Street. Not the 1%. Every donation helps!
Thanks so much for your continued support! Together, we can reclaim democracy!!
A group of us have been working across party lines to help get presidential candidates that have qualified and accepted our Federal Election Commission campaign matching funds into the presidential debates. Please visit http://openupthedebates.org/ , sign the petition ask your friends to ask their friends to do the same. Thank you.
That petition is part of the building blocks and a key to building blocs. I don’t know why it was included. I saw it in the comments this week and immediately signed on. If it wasn’t included because it calls for coverage of Dr. Stein and Roseanne Barr, I believe Vinny Lictira has an important point in his comment below. If it wasn’t included because the campaign didn’t ‘originate’ the idea, learn to piggy back and grasp real quick that Ron Paul has lost a large number of supporters because he refused to embrace their efforts to help him. If Dr. Stein ends up running that kind of campaign, I will look closer at Roseanne Barr and Gary Johnson’s campaigns because I don’t just think that behavior is rude, I think it’s undemocratic.