• The amount of carbon in the atmosphere already exceeds the safe level, and the climate is already showing signs of serious destabilization; and,
• The "all of the above" energy policy drastically increases carbon emissions – making climate catastrophe virtually inevitable – and promotes dangerous nuclear energy; and,
• A Green New Deal would create 25 million jobs, jumpstart a zero-carbon nuclear-free economy, end the unemployment crisis, and make wars for oil obsolete; and,
• How I vote sends a clear signal of where I really stand;
Therefore, I pledge that:
- I will not give my vote to any candidate for legislative or executive office who supports the climate-destroying "all of the above" approach to energy.
- I also will encourage candidates to support a Green New Deal, creating a zero-carbon, nuclear-free, full employment economy.