For weeks we’ve been demanding free and equal debates. But, despite historic public pressure on the Commission on Presidential Debates to open the event and let all qualified candidates speak, the doors remain closed.
Good thing there are windows.
Join us tonight to make our voices heard by taking advantage of the following windows of opportunity! Join the conversation on any and all of the following channels to help raise awareness and fight the politics of fear!
1. Democracy Now! As Obama and Romney square off in the first Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD) debate tonight, Amy Goodman and Democracy Now! will broadcast live from Denver with a special expanded presidential discussion from 8:30 to 11:30 p.m. Eastern.
Democracy Now! will air the debate, pausing after questions to include equal time responses from Jill Stein and Rocky Anderson. This live broadcast will be available in over 25 million household via Free Speech TV and Link TV, as well online at Democracy Now!’s website.
Tell everyone you know to tune in.
2. #OccupytheCPD! The Commission on Presidential Debates is launching “The Voice Of ___” which will feature livestreaming, feedback, polling, and more on the following platforms:
3.YouTube will be livestreaming all of the debates.
- Submit text AND video comments!
4. Tweet! Use the following hashtags to join the conversation:
- #Presidential Debate
5.Facebook Live will be interviewing a variety of people, but your comments anywhere on Facebook during this pivotal time will be important!
Say what you will to rebut the flawed policies of the Obama White House and the Romney campaign, but please try to mention Jill Stein’s Green New Deal. Green New Deal. Green New Deal. The more people see that phrase, the more they’ll wonder what it is, and the better chance we have at forcing it into the political discourse!
Beyond that key phrase, here are some other messages relevant to tonight’s debate on domestic policy:
- Jill Stein’s Green New Deal includes a Full Employment Program that will create 25 million jobs by implementing a nationally funded, but locally controlled direct employment initiative replacing unemployment offices with local employment offices. http://bit.ly/PtTrhv
- It's time to end unemployment. It's time to transition to a #green economy. It's time for a #GreenNewDeal! http://bit.ly/PtTrhv #debate
- . @JillStein2012’s #GreenNewDeal includes an immediate halt to all foreclosures and evictions http://bit.ly/PtTrhv #debate
- Jill Stein’s #GreenNewDeal would establish a 90% tax on bonuses for bailed out bankers. #presidentialdebate http://bit.ly/PtTrhv
- #GreenNewDeal will break up oversized banks that are “too big to fail" & establish a 90% tax on bonuses for bailed out bankers. #debate
Health Care Reform
- The #GreenNewDeal = quality health care through a single-payer Medicare-for-All program. #VoteGreen #debate http://bit.ly/PtTrhv
- Jill Stein’s Green New Deal includes the right to a tuition-free, quality, federally funded, locally controlled public education system from pre-school through college. They will also forgive student loan debt from the current era of unaffordable college education.
- If we can bail out bankers, we can bail out students! @JillStein2012’s #GreenNewDeal would solve the student loan crisis! #debate
Financial Regulatory Reform
- The #GreenNewDeal from @JillStein2012 will reform the financial system by regulating derivatives & forming public-owned banks. #debate
- It’s time to take Wall Street out of the driver’s seat & make an American economy that works for all of us. #GreenNewDeal #debate
Finally, check out and share Campaign Manager Ben Manski’s video report from the ground in Denver! These are the next steps in winning free and equal debates.